Every Heart Counts

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Update 15 September

Hey everyone, I may have been away a few days attending a family wedding, but the Ward keeps on moving, and I have several events to add to the blog now. First up I've added a YouTube video of the young mens performance at the Fathers Day Luncheon, to the original blog post HERE. Go check it out - they did a great job.

By all accounts the Relief Society Movie night on Friday 11th was a big success too. Over a dozen sisters attended, which is great to see. I guess they enjoyed each other's company so much they didn't want to part, because I hear most of them ended up at Jennis' house afterwards. :D

The EFY fundraising on Saturday was also very successful. Bishop says $3000 was raised from the food sales in just a couple of hours. Thankyou so much to the Talisa family for providing their home for the activity base, and to all the families who contributed their food, their love and their time to support the youth. Someone is emailing me some photos taken at the fundraising, which I will upload in the next day or two. The next EFY fundraising activity will be on Saturday the 3rd of October. Mark your calendars now.

The next announcement I have to add is that we will be adding a Primary page to the blog soon. Yay! How exciting huh?! We will have a link you can click on to see what Primary activities/notices there are, and keep up to date with changes to Faith in God activities, firesides, etc. We're working on it now and plan to have it up and running by the end of the month, so keep an eye out for that.

Don't forget the Stake Musical Fireside/Presentation at Rowandale Chapel,on Sunday 20th September starting 7pm.


Iunisi is hosting a morning tea at her place on the 24th. Kids are welcome, and her address if you don't have it, is in the September newsletter.

Whew, I think that's it for now. Oops, no, one last thing. You all do know you can leave comments here on the blog don't you? At the very bottom of each post is the word COMMENT. Click on that, and a pop up box should appear (you may have to allow cookies if this doesn't happen). Write your comment in the box provided, then choose an identity. The easiest way is to choose the "Name/URL" option. When you click on that another little box will appear. Put your name (or initials, or whatever you want to be known as) in the name box. Don't worry about the URL box. Now click on the orange "Publish your comment" box. Voila! Done! Go on, try it out....you're itching to, I can tell.... :D

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow your ward is active! And you are putting a heap of stuff on the blog. Very interesting JC. I had 3 lots to read this time.

affi said...

Great job Jancinta! Our webpage is beautiful, I love reading the contents, I just hope that on the day I will remember to go to the activities. But, I've stored them in my little memory box in my head, but that doesn't guarantee anything, lol!!! If I don't show up then I've forgotten...hehehehe..Thanks for all you do for Relief Society.