Every Heart Counts

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Testing, testing, anyone still there?

Was May 24th really my last post?? SORRY! Life got pretty hectic for a while there. We had a great RS Activity last night with the talented Millie showing us how to do flower arranging. I learnt SO much, seriously. Millie has such a beautiful hand with flowers and I love seeing her arrangements at our meetings - she makes it look so easy. Akesa and Susan cooked up some scrumptious low budget dishes for our supper: Chicken noodle stirfry and Nachos. Mmmm.....it's been ages since I last had nachos.

We have our Relief Society Board Meeting on Thursday the 23rd of September. Anyone with a calling in Mountfort Ward Relief Society is invited to attend. (Teachers, Music, Piano, Visiting Teaching Supervisors, Compassionate Service, etc). We'll start with a Pot luck finger food type dinner followed by a little in-house training. It will be at Jacinda's house, starting at 7pm.

Now I just have to share this story I found this morning. With all the calamities going on around the world, this is one feel good story that I promise will warm your heart and maybe even bring out a few tears.

LIFE OF REILLY.

Amazing huh!

I got all motivated this week, what with the Christchurch Earthquakes and all, to finally get my 72 hr kit packed. My girls and I are all sorted, ready for whatever emergency may come, and it has given me great peace of mind just knowing those bags are there should I need them. I do have one or two little things to add (and a couple more bottles of water), so once that's done I'll take some photos and write up a 72hr post here on the blog for those that are interested. HOPEfully I'll have it all written up by the end of next week.

No comments: